Are you looking to get involved in the Greater Nashua community? Want to share your experience and skills, make new connections, and know you’re truly making a difference?
If so, United Way of Greater Nashua has an excellent community liaison program beginning in late August and extending through early December 2015. If you are available to volunteer for United Way approximately 6-8 hours per week, we would love to talk to you!
An ideal candidate is:
- Energetic, self-motivated, team oriented, and has a strong desire to make a difference in the community
- Entrepreneurial minded – embraces growth opportunities and enjoys learning and welcoming new challenges
- Flexible, organized and detail-oriented
We are looking for individuals willing to help United Way grow its presence in Nashua and 10 surrounding towns. As a member of the 2015 UWGN Campaign Team, you will assist local companies with their United Way fundraising campaigns and be a central part of advancing the common good throughout Greater Nashua. It is a terrific opportunity to showcase and improve your personal and professional skills, including public speaking, teamwork, community building, and customer service.
“After attending the Loaned Executive training, I was excited to share the news about how United Way touches the lives of so many. . . I valued the time I spent working side by side with community partners and learning about the United Way fundraising campaigns that are held annually throughout the city and surrounding communities.”
– Michele Canto, St. Joseph Hospital
- Two days of training in late August will focus on professional selling skills, public and community relations, knowledge of the business community, and awareness of human service needs in Greater Nashua and United Way’s role in addressing them.
- Assist with the annual United Way Day of Caring on September 16, which is one of the biggest volunteer days in the area. This and the August training sessions are the only days that we ask for full-time attendance.
- 6-8 hours per week in Greater Nashua during the normal business hours of 8 AM – 5 PM.
Ideal for career-minded individuals seeking to hone business development skills. Also great for recent retirees, college grads, and stay-at-home parents. This volunteer position runs from late August until early December and offers a small stipend.