United Way of Greater Nashua Awards Rolf Goodwin with Prestigious Max I. Silber Award at 24th Annual Day of Caring
The United Way of Greater Nashua recognized longtime Nashua resident, Rolf Goodwin, with the prestigious Max I. Silber Award on September 16th during its annual Day of Caring Event. Rolf’s commitment to community service has spanned decades, beginning with his introduction to United Way and giving back as a young man growing up in eastern Pennsylvania. His parents were tireless advocates for their local community.
Rolf became engaged with United Way of Greater Nashua as an associate with the Hamblett & Kerrigan law firm, and has been a loyal contributor and volunteer ever since.
“Rolf has been a loyal and committed United Way volunteer for many, many years. His passion for giving back to the community is evident in everything he does and is a true inspiration to those around him. We are very lucky and blessed to have Rolf with us working side-by-side to help the United Way in it’s mission to make measurable improvements in the communities we serve. On behalf of the United Way, this award is simply a recognition of Rolf’s outstanding contributions, for which we are thankful.”
Goodwin’s long history of service to community includes:
- Nashua Symphony Chorus: Member;
- Leadership Greater Nashua: Member of the Inaugural Class (1995);
- Harvard Club of NH: Director, Vice President and Chairman of the Admissions Committee;
- Harvard Pierian Foundation (Harvard-Radcliffe Orchestra): Treasurer and Chairman;
- Parents and Children Together: Chairman and Co-Founder;
- Symphony New Hampshire: Trustee, Chairman of the Strategic Planning Committee;
- NH State Bar Association: Chairman of the Ethics Committee;
- 501hub: Chairman and Co-Founder;
- NH Charitable Foundation, Nashua Region: Incorporator; and
- United Way of Greater Nashua: Director, Chairman of the Board, Chairman of the Priorities Committee, Chairman of the Community Assessment Committee, Chairman of the Strategic Planning Committee, Member of the Community Investment Committee, and Day of Caring Volunteer.
The Max I. Silber award is presented to members of the Greater Nashua community who exemplify the ideals of community service and volunteerism. Established in 1988, the awards serves as recognition of the many years of community service given to the residents of Greater Nashua by Max Silber, who volunteered for numerous local non-profits. Silber Award recipients commit a notable amount of time in service to others through multiple organizations over several years.
“I am honored to receive this award from United Way, which is such an effective force for good in our community. I look forward to our next efforts together, especially focusing on unleashing the energy and talent of refugees and immigrants as we welcome them into One Nashua.”
Rolf is a tireless advocate for children and the arts, and has continuously led by example through his own service and volunteerism. He gives freely of his time and treasure and encourages his associates to do the same. Rolf is caring, dedicated, reliable and passionate about our community and all of us who live here. His service has truly made our community stronger.
Rolf is a Director at McLane Middleton law firm in Manchester. He and his wife Nancy have two children, Henry and George.