Lend a hand to your community
You can make a difference in your community and help bring about the change you want to see in the world by volunteering for a cause or non-profit organization that shares your ideals.
Volunteering not only provides the satisfaction of making a difference, it can offer other benefits, such as:
- Learning new skills
- Meeting new people, including business contacts
- Providing a sense of worth
Days of Caring
United Way sponsors several different Days of Caring focusing on different areas of impact. For 2018 these include:
- March: Food packaging event to provide food and meals to local pantries so that they don’t run out during the summer
- April: Community farming event to bring increased and sustainable capacity to grow healthy food in our community
- May: Community Baby Shower to bring resources and information to low income new mom’s and dad’s so that they can get the best possible start in life
- September: United We Sleep event to bring resources and awareness to the community around the topic of homelessness
- October: Shoebox project to bring resources and improve the safety of our homebound seniors
Each day of caring provides broad and unique volunteer opportunities. Contact Liz or Mike at United Way for more information!
Professional Development: Loaned Executive Program
A Loaned Executive (LE) is a volunteer who is “loaned” to United Way on a part-time or full-time basis during the campaign. The LEs maximize staff and volunteer efforts while maintaining low fundraising costs during the campaign. Learn more…
If you are interested in learning about volunteer opportunities at non-profit organizations in Greater Nashua, please answer the following questions.
Volunteer Matching Service — Volunteer Greater Nashua
United Way has joined forces with the Nashua Telegraph to launch Volunteer Greater Nashua. This initiative is a web portal, open to all local nonprofits who wish to post their volunteering opportunities and all residents looking to get connected to these opportunities. Check it out and sign up today at www.VolunteerGreaterNashua.org
“I LIVE UNITED by volunteering in my community and have passed along this legacy of volunteerism to my 2 daughters who do the same.”
— Susan McHugh, UPS ; United Way Day of Caring co-chair