By Wendy Leblanc and Bob Mack Founded in 1995, the Greater Nashua Continuum of Care (GNCOC) started out as a small group of non-profit organizations seeking funding to develop some housing projects in Nashua. Over the past 19 years, its membership has grown significantly and includes representatives of non-profit organizations, for-profit businesses, government, the faith [...]
Note: United Way of Greater Nashua participated in and funded an obesity prevention pilot program of the Nashua Community Health Improvement Plan (CHIP). The program ran during the 2013-14 school year at Amherst Street Elementary School in Nashua and Lisa’s Tippy Toes Daycare and Learning Center in Merrimack. The following personal account about the program at [...]
Introduced in 2009, RED Day, which stands for Renew, Energize and Donate, is Keller Williams Realty’s annual day of service. Each year on the second Thursday of May, associates spend the day away from their businesses serving worthy organizations and causes in their communities. This year, over 80 agents, family, and friends from the Keller [...]
You might have read this headline and thought I was talking about the team I lead at MESH Interactive here in Nashua. And while we do our best to help foster change and community giving, I’m not talking about MESH. I’m talking about the entire Nashua community and the towns around it that are part [...]
Fourth of July is just around the corner and as our nation gets ready to celebrate its independence, United Way of Greater Nashua celebrates the independent businesses that help advance the common good in our community. The Nashua region is filled with many independent companies that recognize the importance of giving back to the community. [...]
Featured funded program: Southern New Hampshire Services’ (SNHS) Nashua Child Development Center For local working families needing quality, affordable child care, the SNHS Child Development Center on Allds Street in Nashua is an extremely valuable resource. The center provides full-day child care for infants, toddlers, and preschool children in Greater Nashua, and extended-day child care [...]
On a beautiful late afternoon when most people would be enjoying the ideal weather after work, some United Way of Greater Nashua volunteers hoofed up four flights in a Front Street mill building where photographer Grant Morris of New Sky Productions was waiting in his studio to take their portraits. Donning their LIVE UNITED T-shirts, [...]
June marks National Homeownership Month, and with the housing market slowly moving back towards recovery and banks slowly opening loans back up to consumers, it seems like a good time to jump in and buy a new home. But before you run off into the sunset with your brand new home, it is important to [...]
The weather’s not the only thing heating up this summer! There are many volunteer opportunities in the Greater Nashua area where you can help make a positive impact on your community while having an experience you’ll never forget. Here are just a few ways you can volunteer in Greater Nashua: At Hunt Community, sharing your [...]
High school graduation is an important milestone in a young person’s life, and the season is often marked with parties, outings, and other celebrations. During this time there are plenty of opportunities where teens may contemplate taking risks, especially drinking and drug use. At graduation time, teens may feel more pressure to celebrate by partying [...]
Living United is Good for Business!
- Greater Nashua Continuum of Care Tackles Homelessness July 23, 2014
- Pilot Obesity Prevention Program Shows Promise in Greater Nashua July 18, 2014
- Keller Williams Realty Volunteers Go RED in Greater Nashua July 16, 2014
- Giving: It’s not something we do. It’s who we are and how we Live: United. July 10, 2014
- Independent Businesses That Make a Difference June 30, 2014
- Anti-Obesity Pilot Program Launches at Nashua Elementary School January 29, 2014
- Make a Difference in a Minute or Less August 20, 2012
- How I Met Mother Teresa in Nashua, NH October 4, 2013
- How I Live United: Susan McHugh of UPS August 7, 2012
- United Way Intern: My Entire Future Has Changed June 22, 2012
- Greater Nashua Continuum of Care Tackles Homelessness - United Way of Greater Nashua: […] to rapidly move people out of homelessne...
- Pilot Obesity Prevention Program Shows Promise in Greater Nashua - United Way of Greater Nashua: […] United Way of Greater Nashua participate...
- Keller Williams Realty Volunteers Go RED in Greater Nashua - United Way of Greater Nashua: […] Volunteer […]...
- Independent Businesses That Make a Difference - United Way of Greater Nashua: […] Ways to Participate […]...
- Make a Difference in Someone’s Life This Summer: Volunteer in Greater Nashua - United Way of Greater Nashua: […] United Way of Greater Nashua’s communi...