Last October, the Nashua Prevention Coalition received a five-year, $1.2 million Drug Free Communities (DFC) federal grant to develop prevention programs that target drinking and drug use among young people. We have formed a great collaborative relationship with United Way of Greater Nashua, which serves as our fiscal agent and offers many in-kind services to [...]
Gain Social Media, Marketing Communications Experience this Summer with United Way of Greater Nashua
Here’s a fantastic opportunity for a college student or recent graduate to gain great marketing communications experience and build an online portfolio. If you can write well, are familiar with social media tools, and want to make a difference in the greater Nashua community, we want to talk to you about helping United Way of [...]
This Mother’s Day, make Mom (or a friend, or even yourself) smile by purchasing a dozen roses from UPS. Proceeds will support United Way of Greater Nashua’s work to support effective programs that improve lives and strengthen our community. The cost is just $18 per dozen, and checks must be made payable to United Way. [...]
National Public Health Week (April 7-13) draws attention to the work that goes on year-round to keep Nashua healthy and safe. This year’s theme is “Public Health: Start Here” with each day focusing on small ways people can begin making healthier choices. Activities scheduled over five days will present individuals and families with opportunities improve their [...]
The City of Nashua, Division of Public Health and Community Services, is leading Greater Nashua through a Community Health Improvement Process and conducting the 2014 Community Health Assessment (CHA). Health assessments engage community members, key leaders, and partners in a process to collect information regarding health concerns and trends in the community. Health assessments also: [...]
Daylight savings time is back, and spring begins next week (at least the calendar says so). Longer, warmer days are approaching, and what better way to spend that extra hour of daylight than by volunteering to help others? Here’s just a sampling of volunteer opportunities in Greater Nashua: The Partnership for Successful Living, which includes [...]
I don’t know about you, but I am so looking forward to warm summer days. After an extremely cold and snowy winter, summer can’t come fast enough for this beach girl. On Thursday, May 8th, wouldn’t you like to sit under a bright colored beach umbrella while sipping a cold glass of lemonade? Well, you [...]
St. Joseph Healthcare was founded in 1908 by the Grey Nuns of Montreal for the purpose of providing healthcare to the poor and disadvantaged in Greater Nashua. To this day, St. Joseph Hospital lives out its mission daily to provide exceptional, compassionate person-centered care to all we serve as inspired by the healing ministry of [...]
Members of United Way of Greater Nashua’s board of directors, campaign cabinet, and staff extend sincere appreciation to the individuals who assisted with the 2013-2014 Campaign as Loaned Executives. Loaned Executives (LEs) are volunteers who are “loaned” to United Way on a part-time or full-time basis during the campaign. The LEs maximize staff and volunteer [...]
Living United is Good for Business!
- Nashua Prevention Coalition Targets Youth Drinking, Drug Use April 16, 2014
- Gain Social Media, Marketing Communications Experience this Summer with United Way of Greater Nashua April 11, 2014
- UPS Mother’s Day Rose Sale to Benefit United Way April 8, 2014
- Start Here: 5 Days on the Road to Better Health April 2, 2014
- Your Voice Counts! Be Part of the Greater Nashua Community Health Assessment March 21, 2014
- How I Met Mother Teresa in Nashua, NH October 4, 2013
- Make a Difference in a Minute or Less August 20, 2012
- Learning to Make Healthy Decisions – One Teen at a Time July 24, 2012
- United Way Intern: My Entire Future Has Changed June 22, 2012
- How I Live United: Susan McHugh of UPS August 7, 2012
- Gain Social Media, Marketing Experience this Summer with United Way: […] Day of Caring […]...
- Start Here: 5 Days on the Road to Better Health - United Way of Greater Nashua: […] health news: United Way of Greater Nashu...
- Plenty of Volunteer Opportunities in Greater Nashua this Spring - United Way of Greater Nashua: […] at United Way, we’re looking for p...
- Spring Into Summer: United Way of Greater Nashua Annual Community Celebration May 8th - United Way of Greater Nashua: […] also draw the winner of our raffle for a...
- Denise Boyd: Great post, Terri. It's nice to see these spo...