I don’t know about you, but I am so looking forward to warm summer days. After an extremely cold and snowy winter, summer can’t come fast enough for this beach girl. On Thursday, May 8th, wouldn’t you like to sit under a bright colored beach umbrella while sipping a cold glass of lemonade? Well, you [...]
St. Joseph Healthcare was founded in 1908 by the Grey Nuns of Montreal for the purpose of providing healthcare to the poor and disadvantaged in Greater Nashua. To this day, St. Joseph Hospital lives out its mission daily to provide exceptional, compassionate person-centered care to all we serve as inspired by the healing ministry of [...]
Members of United Way of Greater Nashua’s board of directors, campaign cabinet, and staff extend sincere appreciation to the individuals who assisted with the 2013-2014 Campaign as Loaned Executives. Loaned Executives (LEs) are volunteers who are “loaned” to United Way on a part-time or full-time basis during the campaign. The LEs maximize staff and volunteer [...]
United Way of Greater Nashua has entered into a marketing services agreement with MESH Interactive Agency, which will develop and implement strategies for advertising, social media, email, website and content marketing programs. Due to a generous in-kind donation, MESH Interactive also is recognized as one of United Way of Greater Nashua’s year-round sponsors for 2014. According [...]
Cali Bishop is only 10 years old, but she already has a strong sense of community and enjoys giving back. The fifth grader from Weare, NH, has participated in fundraising walks to support cancer patients, helped with recycling efforts at the Lowell Folk Festival, made thank-you cards for veterans, and sung holiday tunes for residents [...]
“Bye Daddy! I love you. I’ll see you next Wednesday!” That was the first thing I heard when I arrived at Amherst Street Elementary School in Nashua for Parents’ Night on a cold January evening recently. “Awww, how sweet,” I thought, as three more busy second-graders rushed in front of me…to be door-holders. They could [...]
The Greater Nashua Asset Building Coalition (GNABC) is offering free income tax preparation and filing for income-eligible taxpayers at four area locations beginning this Saturday, January 25, 2014. Volunteers who are trained and certified on IRS-approved software will help filers prepare their 2013 federal income tax returns and determine whether they qualify for the Earned [...]
Looking for a way to give back to your community by volunteering? Choose from several volunteer opportunities in Greater Nashua on Monday, January 20, which is designated a National Day of Service by the Presidential Inaugural Committee. Volunteer opportunities include: Monitor a water slide at YMCA Of Greater Nashua. Sign up to become a Meals [...]
Five years ago, six Nashua fifth-graders who attended Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Nashua came together through the agency’s Mentors In Training (MIT) program. As “littles”, they each have benefited from having a Big Brother or Big Sister. Through MIT, they have learned leadership skills and how to mentor younger children as they prepare [...]
Living United is Good for Business!
- Spring Into Summer: United Way of Greater Nashua Annual Community Celebration May 8th March 3, 2014
- St. Joseph Healthcare President: ‘Our Employees Want To Make a Positive Difference’ February 24, 2014
- Volunteer Content Creators Wanted to Help Greater Nashua Community February 18, 2014
- Thanks to These Volunteers Who Made United Way’s Campaign Possible February 14, 2014
- United Way of Greater Nashua Partners with MESH Interactive for Marketing Services February 11, 2014
- Make a Difference in a Minute or Less August 20, 2012
- How I Met Mother Teresa in Nashua, NH October 4, 2013
- United Way Intern: My Entire Future Has Changed June 22, 2012
- Learning to Make Healthy Decisions – One Teen at a Time July 24, 2012
- Big Surprises at Costco in Nashua as United Way Awards Cruise Prize June 6, 2013
- Spring Into Summer: United Way of Greater Nashua Annual Community Celebration May 8th - United Way of Greater Nashua: […] also draw the winner of our raffle for a...
- Denise Boyd: Great post, Terri. It's nice to see these spo...
- St. Joseph Healthcare President: 'Our Employees Want To Make a Positive Difference' - United Way of Greater Nashua: […] when we hold department ‘rallies’, o...
- Thanks to These Volunteers Who Made United Way's Campaign Possible - United Way of Greater Nashua: […] Loaned Executive Program […]...
- United Way of Greater Nashua Partners with MESH Interactive for Marketing Services - United Way of Greater Nashua: […] Ways to Participate […]...