Download the 2011 Annual Report
The economic downturn that began three years ago still presents many challenges for us all. Doing more with less has become the standard for businesses and non-profits alike. Families and individuals struggle with reduced or lost wages, coupled with rising prices.
Demand for services continues to rise. According to 2-1-1 NH, United Way’s statewide information and referral service, the top inquiries made from Greater Nashua each month between September 2010 and February 2011 consistently were about basic needs, such as assistance for housing expenses, heating and electric bills, and food. Of the needs that went unmet during that period, many were due to available resources having been exhausted.
Conditions, while difficult, need not be seen as insurmountable. How we view the challenges before us largely will dictate how we respond to them and chart a course for the future. American inventor Thomas Edison observed, “Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.” United Way’s leadership embraces the opportunities before our community and we welcome the work ahead as we seek to advance the common good.
As we move forward, United Way looks to forge more partnerships that will benefit the people who live or work in Greater Nashua. Remember that you, a United Way supporter, are a powerful force in helping our community thrive. Whether you give, advocate, or volunteer, you can lead by example. Bring your friends along and encourage them to LIVE UNITED. For it is by working together that we will transform our community’s challenges into opportunities.
James S. Chaloner
Chair of the Board, 2010-2011
United Way of Greater Nashua Annual Report
Living United is Good for Business!
Attention employers: Learn how workplace campaigns help your bottom line.
- Can You Help Fill Trailer with Clothes for Victims of Oklahoma Tornadoes? June 11, 2013
- Treat Dad with Boston Coffee Cake, Help Your Community June 10, 2013
- Big Surprises at Costco in Nashua as United Way Awards Cruise Prize June 6, 2013
- United Way Night at Holman Stadium Features Fireworks, Red Sox Legend May 29, 2013
- Seeking Social Media and Marketing Intern for Summer May 24, 2013
- Make a Difference in a Minute or Less August 20, 2012
- United Way Intern: My Entire Future Has Changed June 22, 2012
- How I Live United: Susan McHugh of UPS August 7, 2012
- Give Help to Get Help: Volunteer for Time Exchange in Greater Nashua March 11, 2013
- Red Ribbon Week Promotes Healthy, Drug-Free Living in Greater Nashua October 23, 2012
- United Way Night at Holman Stadium Features Fireworks, Red Sox Legend - United Way of Greater Nashua: [...] Community Impact Fund [...]...
- United Way Night at Holman Stadium Features Fireworks, Red Sox Legend - United Way of Greater Nashua: [...] are just $5.00 (same as box office price), a...
- Kentucky Derby Party Offers Fun, Excitement; Benefits Greater Nashua Community - United Way of Greater Nashua: [...] Community Impact Fund [...]...
- National Public Health Week in Nashua Focuses on Saving Lives, Money - United Way of Greater Nashua: [...] Donate [...]...
- Spring into Service with Greater Nashua Volunteer Opportunities: [...] Give help to get help through The Southern N...
2-1-1 bae systems Beyond Influence city of nashua community community impact fund community service contribution day of caring donate Donations donors food pantries fundraising greater nashua health Hollis Hudson LIVE UNITED Merrimack Merrimack NH Nashua Nashua Community College nashua country club New Hampshire NH non-profit safety net Souhegan souhegan valley St. Joseph Hospital substance abuse tax filing teens transitional housing Triangle Credit Union United Way United Way-Youth Venture United Way of Greater Nashua ups Volunteer volunteering volunteers youth Youth Venture